The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is a prestigious award that recognizes the efforts and accomplishments of students who are academically sound. Also, it is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. In addition, the applicants need to have a high performance outside the classroom environment.
A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is awarded on an annual basis. Applicants will have to apply for admission to the University of Toronto to be considered for the scholarship scheme.
The University of Toronto stands among the top research universities in the world. The University of Toronto is known to produce more research than almost any other institution worldwide. Also, our 500,000+ alumni can be found across the globe. Our students learn from leading scholars and academics who come to the University of Toronto for its world-class facilities and global prestige. An education from the University of Toronto is not only internationally recognized, but it is also highly regarded and easily transferable — in fact, our graduates are considered some of the world’s most employable.
University of Toronto’s reputation attracts students from 165 countries and regions. They participate in hundreds of clubs, compete in 25 varsity sports and take part in unique learning opportunities. Our Colleges and undergraduate faculties give students the support of small, welcoming communities, while also the benefits of a large, internationally connected institution.
To apply, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Ask your school guidance counselor about being nominated. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
Field of study/Level of Study
The University of Toronto offers all courses. Applicants can therefore choose from the host of courses available to them. It is of note that the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is strictly for undergraduates.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2020;
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2021 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2021 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
The scholarship will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
The deadline for the application has passed, hence, the application is closed. The school nomination deadline is 30 November 2020. The student admissions deadline is 14 December 2020(you are recommended to apply before 7 November 2020). The scholarship application deadline is 18 January 2021.
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application for nomination rights available here);
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2021 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines;
- Once the University received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application;