Home Immigration Relocating To Canada With My Family

Relocating To Canada With My Family

Annually over 300,000 people move to Canada through various legitimate immigration paths. Canada prefers educated and young immigrants, if you are, then moving to Canada will be short and sweet. One of the fastest routes to move to Canada and becoming a permanent resident within a short while is to immigrate as a skilled worker through the Express Entry.

The Express Entry program was created in 2015 to expedite immigration in as little as six months, grouping together the Federal skilled worker, Federal trades Canadian Experience class programs and the Provincial nominee program (PNP).

To be eligible for any stream under the Express Entry, candidates must first create an online profile, the profile is ranked among other submitted profiles according to the comprehensive ranking system (CRS) which allocates points to candidates based on some selection criteria like age, work experience, education etc. Once your profile scores significant points you will be issued an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residence. If your skill set or qualification fits a Provincial labour demand, you will be offered an ITA by the Province to live and work in the province.

Before applying for Express Entry, you must confirm your eligibility if you meet the minimum requirement through the official immigration website.

Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?

You can bring family members with you to Canada if they were processed for permanent residence as your dependents. This includes:

  • your spouse or common-law partner
  • your dependent child
  • your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent child
  • a dependent child of a dependent child

The family members that can’t come with you include:

  • your parents
  • grandparents
  • brother or sister
  • uncle or aunt
  • nephew or niece
  • other relatives

Note: Your dependents can’t arrive in Canada before you. They must arrive with you or after you, however, you may be able to sponsor them after you immigrate to Canada.

Documents for your profile

You don’t need to upload documents to submit a profile, but you may need information from some or all of these documents:

  • passport or travel document
  • language test results
  • education credential assessment report if you’re applying through the Federal Skilled Workers program, or
    you want to get points for the education you got outside Canada
  • provincial nomination (if you have one)
  • written job offer from an employer in Canada (if you have one)

Documents for your application for permanent residence

If you are invited to apply for permanent residency, you’ll need to upload copies of the documents you used for your profile (see list above). Most applicants will also need to upload the following:

  • police report
  • medical exams
  • proof of funds

Immigrate To Canada As A Skilled Worker Through Express Entry

Foreigners with the requisite skills and work experience are selected through the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) under the Express Entry program to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident.

To be eligible for this immigration stream you must be eligible to work in Canada, have a job offer from a Canadian employer and provide proof of financial independence to support yourself and your family after you arrive Canada.

The first step is to confirm your eligibility Here, then proceed to create a stunning profile that should stand out among thousands of prospective immigrants.

Work Experience

Work experience is one of the major consideration and it must fall under one of the following work skill classifications by the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC). Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or Skill Level B

Your work experience must be paid, full-time or the equivalent hours part-time. Full-time means at least 30 hours per week. However, if you have a permanent job offer, the limits do not apply.

The Federal Skilled Worker Grading System

To be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker, you will need a minimum of 67 points which are based on

  • Work experience
  • Education
  • Language proficiency (English/French)
  • Age
  • Adaptability
  • Job offer

Note: The FSW points is different from the Express Entry points.